Monday 29 April 2013

Etsy Extraordinaire #9: Work It, Baby

work HARD quote with sequins photo IMG_8439_zps865d9ddc.jpg

PIXIE’s Guide to Becoming An Etsy Extraordinaire, Or How To Run a Successful Online Shop

Read the rest of the series here!
#9. Work It, Baby

I don’t know if you’ve gathered it yet but this is gonna take work! There’s a lot that goes into running your own shop and it’s important to keep track of everything.

In order for your shop to be successful you just have to put in a whole lot of hard work. Think about starting your shop as laying the lead, your gonna have to push and crush it to form those diamonds!
You might be thinking – Gabi, it’s not all about the money, you fool! It’s about making and creating, don’t be silly! – I know! Whether I was making any sales or not I’d still always be creative, even if I was the only one to appreciate it. But you’ve got to accept that being able to support your creativity is necessary. As soon as you accept this you’ll be ready to set yourself some seriously savvy goals.
When it comes to goal setting I’m a bit of an addict. There’s nothing more satisfying crossing an item off your to-do list!

I thought I’d compile a list (see, addict!) of all the little things you could try to get your business in shape.

Write a list of everything you need to do. Just write everything down and then organise it according to topic, time-frame, difficulty, etc. Organise your supplies! Create filling systems – for your emails, receipts and orders Store your products in a simple but systematic manner Start a blog! Don’t be afraid to improve and alter your products Create what you want to buy Give customers what they don’t even know they want – yet! List three important things to do each day – then get started Have fun! 

X

1 comment:

  1. this series is fab!

    Oh, and my friend re-ordered (still from my account: femmemoonwitch) and I'm pretty sure the order went through alright:3 xxx

    ReplyDelete