Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 New Year Ideals, Also Known as The Anti-Resolutions

I’ve never been a big one for resolutions, despite being an avid goal maker, but it can’t hurt to start a new year with a couple of ideals you may have for yourself. A new year is the perfect opportunity to start something you’ve been dreaming about – but so is a new month, week or day.

With that being said, here are a few ideal I have for the new year:

  •  Do what I want, what I really, really want – this is pretty basic but probably the most difficult thing for anyone to do ever. Simply put, it entails following my gut more and worrying less about the expectations of others and the expectations I hold for myself.
  • Be a tourist. As always, I want 2013 to be filled with faraway adventures and exploring the unknown but this also means being a tourist in your own city/town/village/home. Notice the little things you’ve come to take for granted and overlook. Visit museums, go to local craft shows, explore the road less travelled and take your camera with you every step of the way. There really is beauty everywhere.
  •  Create something. This might mean taking a sewing class, painting/writing/singing every day or perfecting your photography skills or you may want to do all of them plus more (me too!) but just get your hands to work and create something out of nothing. Trust me, it’s a really lovely feeling.
  •   Learn how to do something new. I really want to solve a rubix cube, decipher html and developing my own vegan recipes to all my favourite meals and sweets. There are a million things of my to-do list so it's really refreshing to just give some brand-new a go.
  •  Be nice! To me this means giving compliments freely, smiling at strangers and getting out of my own head a little. 
    January 1st 2012 was the first day I listing items in my etsy store and since then I got over 850 sales in the year! Since I only worked really hard on my shop for a couple of months I'm extremely excited to re-open at the end of January and put my hardest and best work into it throughout this year. I'm really proud of what I've done with my shop and can't wait to put all the brand new ideas fuzzing around my head into action!

Happy New Year!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment