Monday 25 February 2013

PIXIE’s Guide to Becoming An Etsy Extraordinaire, Or How To Run a Successful Online Shop

PINK GLITTER PIXIE SKULL


It’s hard to believe that opened my online shop, PIXIE and PIXIER, over a year ago now. Last week I celebrated 1000 sales and I have loved dreaming up and creating every piece. While I’m still learning and building my shop and I am no expert, I thought it would be nice to share some of the things I’ve picked up along the way.

I can remember scouring the internet for anything I could find on running an Etsy shop, desperate for anything to shed some light on this mystical world!  Although I found some great stuff (mostly  from the Seller Handbook) I felt like a lot of it didn’t relate to my one-woman operation ran from the corner of my bedroom!

I just know that there are so many people who make amazing things who might be a little hesitant to do this ‘Etsy thing’ (or whatever online shop thingy you want!).  Over the next 10 Mondays I’ll post about all the little things you need to know to run your own online shop!  I’ll be covering everything from building your brand to social networking and how to get people to actually pay attention to your shop!

Be sure to check back next Monday!

X

2 comments:

  1. ok, so glad i saw your blog in the 'blogs i like' page on ophelia horton, because then I found your online shop and OMG I TOTALLY LOVE IT. Some of your stuff is like wow. See how amazing my grammar is when i'm happy...;0
    www.labelle1.wordpress.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lolli!
      So glad you like it <3

      Gabi
      x

      Delete